Thermocouple (TC) temperature assembly for higher flow velocities and pressures
The OPTITEMP TCA-TF55 is a flanged thermocouple (TC) assembly with a straight barstock thermowell. The temperature assembly for advanced requirements is used when the strength of welded multipart thermowells is not sufficient and a high mechanical stress resistance of the thermowell is required. It is therefore particularly suitable for temperature measurement in pipes, tanks or reactors at higher flow velocities and pressures (e.g. in the petrochemical or oil and gas industry). The TC is designed to operate up to +600°C / +1100°F. The advantage of this sensor type is that its wetted parts can be coated (e.g. with PTFE), making it resistant to aggressive media.
The OPTITEMP TCA-TF55 features a modular design with a threaded neck tube that can be exchanged easily, even under operating conditions. This makes the temperature assembly very flexible. If it has been damaged from the outside, servicing can be carried out without process shut down. The thermocouple assembly can be combined with most thermowells. It is available with ATEX and IECEx approvals.
Product features and options depend on device configuration: Contact us to make sure that your preferred functionality can be combined in one device.
- Temperature measurement of solids, liquids, gases and steam
- Modular design: Flexible union neck tube or threaded DIN neck tube for easy exchange under operating conditions
- Thermowell material: 1.4404 / 316L
- Chemically resistant PTFE or similar coating for all wetted parts available
- Standard or customised lengths
- Different connection heads available (IP54…IP68)
- With optional temperature transmitter
- Available as intrinsically safe (Ex i) and flameproof (Ex d): ATEX, IECEx