The averaging pitot tube flowmeter requires the least installation effort of all DP flowmeters. It is cost-effective and suitable for a variety of applications. Its low remaining pressure loss and bi-directional flow capabilities make it the preferred instrument for water, sea water, condensate, cooling water, crude oil, saturated and superheated steam, nitrogen, combustion gases, ventilation air and many other liquids and gases. It can also be used for dust-laden gases at high-temperatures. The KROHNE averaging pitot tube flowmeter covers big diameters, round and rectangular pipes and ducts. It requires only short straight inlet/outlet pipe sections (7D/3D). Due to the low flow profile constriction it generates only a minimal residual pressure loss.
Product features and options depend on device configuration: Contact us to make sure that your preferred functionality can be combined in one device.
- Fast and easy installation without additional engineering, impulse lines and supports – allowing perfect retrofit capabilities
- Averaging flow profile for shortest in- and outlet runs
- Symmetrical design allows bidirectional flow measurement
- Low TCO due to reduced engineering, commissioning and installation costs
- Reduced need for recalibration in the field through advanced 3-D linearised OPTIBAR DP transmitters
- Complete flowmeter solution with averaging pitot tube, manifold, DP transmitter from a single source
- HART®7, Foundation fieldbus and Profibus-PA communication options
- SIL 2/3 certified versions
- Ex ia, Ex d approvals
- Redundant versions, pressure and temperature compensated versions available